[Adapted from The Better Hearing Institute]
Energetic, youthful-minded boomers are embracing hearing aids as the new “anti-aging” tool for people who want to live fully engaged, active lifestyles.
Boomers today are benefitting from the technological revolution taking place in the hearing aid marketplace. This generation has caught onto the fact that today's state-of-the-art hearing aids are highly effective, sleek and sophisticated wearable electronics that can help them stay actively connected to life - not to mention to all their other prized electronics.
Five trending facts about today's hearing aids:
- They’re virtually invisible. Many of today’s hearing aids sit discreetly and comfortably inside the ear canal, providing both natural sound quality, and discreet and easy use.
- They automatically adjust to all kinds of soundscapes. Recent technological advances with directional microphones have made hearing aids far more versatile than ever before—and in a broad range of sound environments.
- You can enjoy water sports and sweat while wearing them. Waterproof digital hearing aids have arrived. This feature is built into some newly designed hearing aids for those concerned about water, humidity, and dust. This feature suits the active lifestyles of swimmers, skiers, snowboarders, intensive sports enthusiasts and anyone working in dusty, demanding environments.
- They work with smartphones, home entertainment systems and other prized electronics. Wireless, digital hearing aids are now the norm. That means seamless connectivity—directly into your hearing aid(s) at volumes that are just right for you—from your smartphone, MP3 player, television and other high-tech gadgets.
- They’re always at the ready. A new rechargeable feature on some newly designed hearing aids allows you to recharge your hearing aids every night, so they’re ready in the morning. It’s super convenient—and there’s no more fumbling with small batteries.