Posts for: June, 2018
Are you having difficulty hearing? Are you experiencing hearing loss?
The reasons behind hearing loss vary and affect people of all ages. Your Spartanburg and Greer, SC, doctors can evaluate the type of hearing loss you're suffering from: sudden or gradual, in one ear or both, and if it's temporary or permanent. They'll also provide you with proper hearing aids.
Treatments and Evaluations:
- Hearing Aid Evaluations: A time for questions and discussion of expectations.
- Hearing Aid Fittings: A time to orient to new hearing aid(s).
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations, such as tinnitus evaluations
- Hearing Aid Checks: These are usually scheduled every six months.
Hearing Aids in Spartanburg and Greer, SC
Hearing aids are designed to improve hearing. The goal is to create an overall better quality of life, especially when you're in a noisy place.
The hearing aids accomplish this amplification by:
- Making speech more intelligible
- Preserving nerve networks in the brain
- Making communication less tiring
Types of Hearing Aids:
There is a variety of hearing aids that are rechargeable, have android and i-phone compatibility, automated programming to ease use, discreet, remote programming and suitable for patients with an active, casual or quiet lifestyle.
Here are a few:
- Behind-the-ear: a hearing aid held that sits behind the ear.
- In-the-ear: a hearing aid held that covers the outer portion of the ear.
- Extended wear: a hearing aid placed worn for months inside the ear canal without being removed.
- Receiver-in-canal: a hearing aid speaker that sits inside the ear canal with an electric wire that reduces audio distortion.
- Middle ear implant: a system implanted behind the eardrum There are multiple hearing aids.
- In-the-canal: a hearing aid that fits either partially or fully into the ear canal to reduce visibility.
It's difficult to deal with hearing loss, but you don't have to be alone. The doctors at Spartanburg & Greer ENT can help you deal with your hearing loss dilemmas and improve your way of life. To learn more about the different hearing aids, call (864) 582-2900 for the Spartanburg, SC, office or (864) 699-6970 for the Greer office.