Posts for: November, 2013
"Meaningful use" means providers must show that they are using certified Electronic Health Record technology in ways that can be measured significantly in quality and in quantity.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 specifies three main components of Meaningful Use:
1. The use of a certified EHR (Electronic Health Record) in a meaningful manner.
2. The use of certified EHR technology for electronic exchange of health information to improve quality of health care.
3. The use of certified EHR technology to submit clinical quality and other measures.
The criteria for meaningful use will be staged in three steps over the course of the next five years.
Stage 1 (2011 and 2012) sets the baseline for electronic data capture and information.
Stage 2 (expected to be implemented in 2013) and Stage 3 (expected to be implemented in 2015) will continue to expand on this baseline and be developed through future rule making.
Meaningful use includes both a core set and a menu set of objectives that are specific to eligible professionals or eligible hospitals.
For physicians, there are a total of 25 meaningful use questions in your Electronic Health Record.
• There are 15 required questions we must answer.
• The remaining 5 questions may be chosen from a list of 10 questions.
• There are 14 required core objectives.
• The remaining 5 objectives may be chosen from the list of 10 menu set objectives.
For more info, check out these resources:
At this time of Thanksgiving celebration,
our thoughts turn gratefully to you with warm appreciation.
We extend to you and your family our best wishes
for a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday!
1. Appointment Reminders
If you would like to receive your appointment reminder by email, be sure we have your email address on file.
If you would like to receive a text message reminding you of your appointment, please text the word ENT to 622622. Please make sure we have your cell number on file.
2. Monthly Newsletters
3. Patient Survey
Tell us about your previous visit. Your opinion counts! Click Here