Posts for category: Otolaryngology
Are you or someone you love dealing with hearing loss? If so, you’ll want to turn to a hearing specialist in Spartanburg, SC, who can provide you with the care and treatment you need to become part of the conversation again. Of course, it’s natural to have questions about getting hearing aids—here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the issue:
What are the symptoms of hearing loss?
Hearing loss isn’t always obvious. In fact, sometimes these symptoms can sneak up on you gradually over time. You could be dealing with some degree of hearing loss if,
- You have to turn up the volume on the TV or phone in order to hear what’s being said
- People complain about the volume of the TV or radio
- You have to ask people to repeat themselves often
- You find yourself reading lips rather than listening to what’s being said
- You have trouble understanding people in loud environments (e.g. busy restaurants)
- You experiencing rigging in the ears (tinnitus)
- It sounds like people around you are mumbling
If you are experiencing any of the above signs, it’s a good idea to call our Spartanburg office to schedule a hearing evaluation. The sooner the hearing loss is detected, the sooner we can treat the problem and prevent it from getting worse.
Will a hearing aid restore my hearing?
It’s important to understand that a hearing aid will make it easier to hear people but it is not designed to restore your hearing. Furthermore, a hearing aid will not prevent your hearing loss from getting worse.
How long does a hearing aid last?
The average lifespan of a hearing aid is about five to six years. Of course, your hearing aid could last longer with the proper care, maintenance, and occasion tune-ups.
Need treatment? Give us a call
You shouldn’t feel isolated from family and friends because of your hearing loss. Contact 864-699-6970 or 864-582-2900 today to schedule a visit with a physician at Spartanburg Greer ENT & Allergy in Greer or Spartanburg, SC.